Another item ticked off my travel bucket list.
|Winged Victory of Samothrace|
|Venus de Milo|
|Liberty Leading the People|
|The Coronation of Napoleon|
|Daphnis and Chloe|
|The Raft of the Medusa|
My personal tips if you're planning on visiting the Louvre Museum:
- Buy your ticket in advance and directly from their website - its cheaper and you get to pick the earliest schedule which is not available to 3rd party sites. Click here.
- Enter via the Carrousel du Louvre shopping mall where there are less people in queue.
- Head straight to the Hall of States which houses Mona Lisa as soon as you enter (preferably the earlier sched) so you won't waste too much time in line to see her as closest as possible.
- Get a map and plan your visit accordingly. The Louvre is a huge place and getting lost among 38,000 pieces of artworks can be quite overwhelming.
- List down your favorite pieces because you cannot see all the artworks in one day. In our case, the Mona Lisa, Winged Victory of Samothrace, Venus de Milo, and Liberty Leading the People are my must-sees so we prioritized those 4 then spent the rest of the time admiring other arts along the way.
- Lastly, enjoy the masterpieces and take as much photos as you want!