The number eight has been associated with luck and wealth in most cultures so it's no wonder that owners David Gomez and the Hasikan Development Corporation (of Fat Jimmy's Boracay) chose the lucky number to be the name of this stunning boutique hotel in Tagaytay City.
|Photo grabbed from 8 Suite's website|
From Palace in the Sky, we passed by a familiar 8 logo (or infinity as my initial reaction) and thought of checking it out before going back to Lee Boutique Hotel. After driving by rows of residential houses and tall grass fields, we finally saw this beautifully-lit building on top of the hill.
It was quite late, around 11pm I think, but the staff were kind enough to accommodate our request for a quick tour of the hotel. Here's the reception area that seemed more like a gorgeous living room to me than a hotel lobby.
From the name itself, the boutique hotel has eight uniquely designed rooms inspired by chocolates. Chocolate lovers will go crazy with 8 Suites room names like:
- Deluxe Rooms with Double Queen-sized Beds: Dark Chocolate and White Chocolate
- Premium Suites with King-sized Beds and Bathtub with Balcony: Mocha Chocolate, White Oreo Chocolate and Dark Chocolate
- Sweetest Suite with King-sized Beds with Bathtub and Home Theater System: White Praline Chocolate and Dark Mint Chocolate
DB and I were able to have a sneak peek of the Dark Chocolate Room with Balcony for ourselves and we were convinced why 8 Suites is the perfect spot if you're in dire need of a serene little piece of heaven on earth (or in Tagaytay to be more specific).
Deluxe room amenities (taken from their website):
- Fitted 203 thread count, 100% cotton sheets
- NAP An Alternative to Goose-Down Pillows
- Two 100% Cotton Robes, Plush terrycloth bath linens and hair dryer
- Rain Shower Heads and Bathtubs/Shower
- Thick terry bathrobes
- Hair Dryer
- Cable Satellite
- Bedside clock/radio in selected suites
- Flat Screen HDTV, Free use of DVD from our DVD library
- Free Wi-Fi in common areas (note: internet connections are at times intermittent from the internet providers end)
- iPod ready speakers/ docks in selected suites
- Mini bar
- Balcony overlooking Taal Lake
8 Suites has an on-going Weekday Promo (Sunday - Thursday stay) valid until September 15, 2013. So if you're planning to have your next honeymoon anytime soon or looking for a venue for your family reunion or any other special occasion on your mind, 8 Suites might just be the perfect location you're dreaming about.
8 Suites by Fat Jimmy's
Lot 7, Ridgeview Subdivision, Brgy. Iruhin
Tagaytay City, Cavite, Philippines
Tel.: (632) 655-4708
Fax: (632) 655-0194